Individual counseling is an ongoing conversation between counselor and client. In time, we form a relationship that fosters a space of trust, acceptance, healing, and growth.
I counsel tweens (11-12), adolescents (12-18), and adults (all ages). I will see children ages 4-8 on a case-by-case basis.
Some reasons for a client to seek individual counseling are:
- Relationship issues (partner, family, friend, work)
- Grief (due to all types of loss)
- Stresses at work or school
- Adjustment to life’s many changes
- Anxiety, Depression, Anger
Couple counseling focuses on identifying and resolving conflicts as well as increasing open and honest communication. It can be a difficult process for the two people involved, and one of my roles is to maintain a space where you both feel heard. The length of treatment varies based on the couple and the issues presented.
Some reasons a couple might seek counseling are:
- Arguing more often than discussing
- Feeing disconnected
- Adjustment to changes
- Blended family issues
Family counseling can help families with many issues. It may involve learning effective communication and listening skills, identifying and respecting boundaries, and conflict resolution.
Some reasons for family counseling:
- Blending families together
- Adjustment to changes in family system/circumstances
- Communication problems
- Grief and Loss
- Increased conflict